There’s always something magical about the beginning of a new year. The excitement of a fresh start and the anticipation of new opportunities. Each year the design world eagerly awaits the announcement of the color trends for the upcoming season. It sets the tone for what clients will be looking for and how we can help them achieve those looks.
After the past couple years, it seems the desire to start anew is more important than ever before. We’re ready to get back out there but we also want to be sure that when we’re home we’re surrounded by the right atmosphere. The pandemic has taught us that there really is no place like home, but if yours doesn’t feel like it’s jiving with your energy then it might be time to find a new signature design.
Let’s take a look at the new color trends predicted for 2022 and talk about how these colors can play into your home decor aesthetic. ShadeMonster knows how important it is to feel at-home in your space and with the new palettes that are anticipated, we’ll help you achieve the right look.
Warm Neutrals Colors
Neutrals will always be in trend as they pair well with other colors and textures. They feel cozy and organic, creating a naturally relaxing atmosphere. The warm undertones of these neutrals keep your space from feeling sterile.
- Art and Craft by Dunn-Edwards feels inviting and sophisticated.This walnut brown has subtle rose undertones that are complemented by accents of creams and pinks.
- Rustic Oak by Valspar is warmed by a copper undertone. Create a cozy space by emphasizing this undertone with terracotta and burnt umber decor. Throw in a bit of rich green tones to feel one with nature.
- Country Charm by Valspar is the perfect name for this charming natural yellow tone that resembles a field of wheat. It’s a great addition to a room because it won’t overpower the decor aesthetics.
ShadeMonsters recommendations: Faux-wood blinds compliment warm neutrals perfectly. They add a touch of texture and sophistication to your space. As an alternative to real wood, these blinds are made from vinyl but look so realistic that we guarantee you won’t be able to tell the difference! Faux-wood blinds are durable and long lasting, so you won’t have to worry about changing out your window treatments with each new year.
Shades of Blue
There is a great range of blue shades and each one brings its own unique energy and frequency. Depending on if you’re looking for a calming tone or a powerful one, there’s a blue that works best for you. Keep the undertones in mind when you look to add complimentary colors. For example, a blue with red undertones creates a strong presence and works well with teal, purple, and pink.
- Mountain River by Valspar has a deep blue hue that evokes the emotions of being out at sea. This rich color feels like a fresh take on a traditional, familiar tone that adds stability to your room.
- Aleutian by HGTV Homes by Sherwin Williams is a powdery blue that’s perfect for a nursery. Let this color stand out by using muted tones to accent, such as creamy yellows, light pinks, and soft greens.
- Breezeway by Behr is a classic silvery blue that is cool in temperature. It’s sophisticated and looks luxurious with grey, white, and platinum decor. Create a statement without going too bold with your kitchen cabinets. It will look great with stainless steel appliances.
ShadeMonsters recommendations: In order to get the most out of these colors, we recommend choosing solar or light filtering shades. These shades are perfect for protecting your home from harmful UV rays which could damage or bleach your interiors, potentially ruining your vibrant blue hue. While these shades come in a variety of colors, our three most popular colors white, white linen, and beige would still allow for sunlight to pass through your windows and illuminate your shade of blue.
Incorporating warm earthy tones into your home will never go out of style. They make your space feel lived in and inviting. Perfect for those with natural finishes and organic decor, earth tones create the perfect sanctuary. You’ll always come home to a tranquil environment!
- Laurel Leaf by Better Homes and Gardens is reminiscent of a relaxing eucalyptus. Its warm undertones really add it to its soothing atmosphere and makes it pair well with natural fibers and wood texture.
- October Mist 1495 by Benjamin Moore is the perfect sage green that will inspire any room to feel more than just space. Bring out the subtleties of this hue by involving deeper greens and rich browns, or let it shine with icy greys and whispers of topaz.
- Evergreen Fog by Sherwin Williams is a toned down mixture of a forest green with grey undertones. It’s the perfect hue to bring out warm, earthy vibes in a room that otherwise feels a little safe. For those who don’t want to venture too far out of their comfort zone, Evergreen Fog will give you the right amount of color without feeling overpowering.
ShadeMonsters recommendations: The organic feel of earth tones works well with other neutral colors such as white, grey, brown, or black. Adding our blackout shades in any of those mentioned colors would complement these vibes. Enjoy your tranquil space in privacy by blocking out the outside world with ShadeMonster blackout shades.
Sometimes we’re looking for a bold, drastic change and want to create a vibrant mood. These rich colors are perfect for adding a bit of spice to your aesthetics in a stylish way. Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and add vibrancy to your space. For commitment-phobes, it can even be done with accessories.
- Guacamole by Glidden looks just like the inside of the popular fruit (and yes, we checked it’s a fruit not a vegetable). This creamy green is bold but when paired with neutral whites, beige, and yellows, it doesn’t feel as intimidating.
- Delighted Moon by Valspar is your quintessential sunny yellow. It’s cheerful and brings a level of playfulness to your space. Add it to your home office to feel bright and happy throughout the work day.
- Very Peri is Pantone’s first ever newly created color of the year! This dynamic and vivid bluey purple feels fresh and empowering. It evokes a joyfulness that the company felt has been missing from our lives since the start of the pandemic. While it might not be everyone’s cup of tea, there’s no denying the excitement it brings the design world being the first new Pantone color in over 22 years!
ShadeMonsters recommendations: When adding such vibrant colors to our home’s look, we don’t want to have contrasting window treatments that might make the space feel incohesive. The trick to creating a signature home style is complementing the stand out features of your space with subtle counterparts. To enrich a room with vibrant colors, we recommend adding white solar shades to allow light to filter through and illuminate your space. Add motorization to your window treatments for that extra WOW factor!
Why Trust ShadeMonster With Your Window Treatment?
ShadeMonster boasts 25 years of experience creating custom window treatments. Our products come directly from our local factory guaranteeing high quality customizable materials, competitive pricing, and quick turn around. Contact us today for your free estimate, and have your new shades in less than 5 business days!
Still Need Help Deciding On Your Window Treatment?
ShadeMonster’s team of experts are happy to assist. Call now for free consultation: (866) 206-8056